Architect Product Cable/ Equipment Integration Engineer – m/f
Stellenangebot von ALSTOM
The purpose of the job is to be in charge of Hardware Development (cable cabinets) and carry out the detailed design for the integration of signaling equipment.
The role is attached to the engineering department, for our Signaling business and reports hierarchically to the Domain Leader.
- Conduct and manage 3D design studies (modeling) and 2D (timeline and details) to the paths and electrical cabinets in compliance with QCD (including objectives and manufacturing costs) based on strong experience and understanding complex circuit diagrams
- Coordinate with the mechanical engineering department
- Check the consistency of the digital model (no interference modeling inconsistency, ..) and the requirements (allocated volume, mass, interfaces, mounting ability, etc ...) on lots of studies concerned
- Manage the production of deliverables (need specification, testing procedures ...) in respect of the planning and customer requirements
- Technical monitoring of suppliers during all stages of development (assessments, monitoring doc, ...)
- Organize design reviews and monitoring of open points with the main objective criterion right first time
- Integrate the constraints of the internal/external clients (Indus Purchasing, Quality, ..) and provide the necessary support during various stages of production (including the ramp-up)
- Contribute to the respect of cost studies and trace the difficulties Domain Leader
Skills and Education
Essential: A minimum or BTS degree in mechanical design / 2 to 3 years in mechanical/electrical engineering is required for this role. You come up with a relevant experience of at least 6 years. You possess knowledge of the associated rail and standards, CATIA V5 tools and DMA2.2 (including modules Tubing, Bend Part, Sheet Metal) and some special processes ( welding, riveting, bonding, etc.) You are capable of reading and understanding complex electrical schematics, set the volume allocated to the cable routing based on patterns and feedback, challenge and suggest improvements, design the bundles and harness taking into account the constraints of cables (flexible connections, tolerances, accessibility, and radii) and adapt the technical specifications of components. This is a specific competency (basically the design of electrical and automation cubicles: boxes, cabinets, including mechanical interface with train or ground..) You are experienced in the development of solutions depending on the model of the V cycle (Design, Build, Deploy, Validation)
Fluency in French and English is required for this role.
Desired: You possess good communication skills especially with customers, are open, structured and organized and able to manage priorities. The person shall have coordination ability with experience of sub-contractor follow-up. You are capable of coordination (people will be in charge to coordinate a big work package – around 500 Keur / year). Besides, you are capable of synthesis, are empathetic and can carry out priority management. You are resilient in a changing environment. Being rigorous, meticulous and organized are some of your key traits.