Support the BIM Manager at the REM Project level in the management and implementation of BIM for the Design and Built part of the project awarded to Alstom. The primary responsibility of subsystem BIM Coordinator is to organise and coordinate the BIM modellers’ activities based in Bangalore, India. In addition, the BIM Coordinator is intended to be the technical support for the use of BIM track design tools.
Your missions :
The performance of the PrIDM is measured in terms of:
- Compliance of subsystem BIM models with defined expectations from System and Consortium members
- Design BIM model progress and approval in accordance with budget and time schedule
- Coordination of transverse Engineering, Installation and Sourcing activities to meet project QCD
- Implement the project specific standards provided by BIM manager and work with the subsystem BIM community to implement the BIM Execution Plan
- Define project needs
- Drive Standards, processes and procedures within the BIM project community
- Support skills training for new hired BIM modellers and engineers.
- Ensure the proper use and the update of BIM guidelines and processes throughout the design team
- Update user manuals for all pieces of software and applications used for the design development and the production of models and drawings (in relationship with software Key User and Central engineering),
- Propose adaptation and enhancement of process in order to fit the specifics of the project,
- Identify all BIM technical needs raised by design activities and refer to the Track design BIM manager,
- Ensure software interoperability with data used as inputs and references within the Project (in relationship with BIM managers and coordinators).
- Ensure the completion and the quality of the Track Component Library,
- Ensure the technical understanding of the BIM Supplier Instruction by the Manufacturers (attend to coordination meeting with Supplier if required),
- Ensure stakeholders adhere to data exchange protocols (in coordination with supplier and design engineer),
- Check the compliance of 3D Objects with BIM Supplier Instruction,
- Manage data assignation of 3D Objects from Alstom parts database,
- Maintain and make available the Track Component Library.
- Manage the tools used for design development and deliverables production,
- Create and manage templates (2D and 3D)
- Make available any update of routines and macros (Generative Component) used for the design development and the production of models and drawings (in relationship with software Key User and Central engineering),
- Provide hardware and network support as it relates to design BIM design and production (software setup, troubleshooting),
- Liaison with software developer support staff and other support channels including with software Key User and Central engineering.
- Assist the Design BIM Manager in the management of design development
- Support the modellers in daily tasks of design development,
- Enforce application of the Track model development schedule defined by the Track Design BIM Manager and Track Design Manager,
- Coordinate the design development by ensuring that the models work together,
- Prepare assemblies and submission package,
- Deal with the comments of the analyses performed at system level (synthesis/clashes detection).
- Assist the BIM Manager in the control of the data used in the track design development
- Identify relevant input data in the Common Data Environment,
- Identify all other reference required for the modelling (including datum, grids, levels, reference planes, shared reference Point).
- Support the Design BIM modellers in the production of the 2D and 3D deliverables
- Ensure the compliance of the production with the relevant BIM Standard, naming convention and Project Requirements,
- Ensure the compliance of the models with applicable BIM standards and Metiers requirements.
- Assist the Design BIM Manager in the check of the deliverables as part of the subsystem technical validation
- Establish the quality assurance procedures to ensure that the models are correct and that the level of detail is as specified,
- Carry out model validation checks based on the quality assurance procedures,
- Analyse and detect clashes at subsystem level,
- Liaise with third party model managers for resolutions of conflicts and attend to coordination meetings,
- Export data as request by Track design teams (list of items, BOQ, 3D View, detail drawings,…).
- Keep up to date the list of BIM models and their status,
- Contribute the enforcement of good practices within the Track design team,
- Perform reporting of design development to the design BIM Manager and PM
Desired knowledge / Experience:
- Must have Knowledge of civil and mechanical design, Trackworks design experience is appreciated,
- Must have 3+ year's production experience in design, drafting or engineering (Project and/or construction experience appreciated),
- Must have In-depth working knowledge of MicroStation V8i and AECOSimBuilding designer (SS6), Power Rail Track (SS4). Familiarity with Revit and NavisWorks is appreciated to ensure adequate communication with project teams (BIM Managers, coordinators and Design teams),
Fluent in French and English
- Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently,
- Possess Excellent communications skills both written and verbal,
- Possess Excellent organisational skills,