Your technology partner for new design and consultancy servicesCeit-IK4 is a non profit research centre that was created by the University of Navarra (Spain) and has more than 30 years of experience in the railway industry.
Ceit-IK4 has a staff around 300 employees (120 of them are PhD) and it is part of IK4 Research Alliance (independent technological alliance with around 1400 employees and 100M€ annual turnover).
Ceit-IK4’s expertise in the railway sector spans in seven different fields:
- Design of new materials and fabrication processes (e.g. design of new composite materials, characterization of the remaining life of mechanical components supporting fatigue conditions, design of new fabrication processes of steel components to improve mechanical properties)
- Analysis of vehicle dynamic (e.g. wheel to rail contact, noise analysis, specific test benches, virtual homologation)
- Assistance to maintenance (e.g. tools to assist the maintenance works, tool to evaluate the complexity of mounting and dismounting tasks in the design stage, prognostic health monitoring system and non destructive testing techniques)
- Power electronics systems (control of electromagnetic machines, energy storage systems based on fly-wheels, batteries and supercapacitors and smart grids control)
- Embedded system design (e. g. SW for SIL4 functions, SW design and verification framework with fault injection for safety assessment, test benches for multimedia embedded system verification)
- Design of signaling systems (e.g. antenna design, analog front-end and digital signal processing, electromagnetic compatibility testing in special conditions and analysis, ERTMS/ETCS SIL4 signaling system design)
- RAMS analysis (e. g. complex subsystem reliability prediction including electronic components failure rate and effects of mechanical stress and thermal fatigue, Reliability Block Diagrams, FTA, FMECA, Markov analysis, influence of electromagnetic noise and interferences on signaling reliability and availability)
Ceit-IK4 has led and is actively participating in different EU funded R&D projects (e.g. Roll2Rail, ERSAT, ALISE, etc..) Moreover, Ceit-IK4 participates in Shift2Rail in IP2-Advanced Traffic Management and Control Systems and IP5-Technologies for Sustainable & Attractive European Rail Freight. Ceit-IK4 is part of the Goberning Board of Shift2Rail.
Ihre Nachricht wurde erfolgreich versendet.