Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane S.p.A.
Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane is one of the largest industrial companies in ItalyThe Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane Group is one of the largest industrial companies in Italy. It is 100% owned by the Ministry of Economy and Finance since 1992, the Ferrovie dello Stato Italiano parent company controls its operating companies in the four sectors of supply chain, transport, infrastructure, real estate services and other services, and, notwithstanding the independent legal responsibilities of the individual companies, carries out activities of an organisational nature that are typical of a holding company. Additionally, through Central Management Teams, the parent company defines strategic guidelines and ensures the management and coordination of the operating companies’ industrial policies. Leader in the passenger rail transport sector with 88% market share and in the rail freight sector with 7%, the FS Italiane Group has around 82 thousand employees, over 10 thousand trains running every day (circa 8 thousand in Italy and more than 2 thousand abroad), around 750 million rail passengers (600 in Italy and 150 abroad), 300 million passengers on the road per year along with 50 million tons of goods. The railway network managed by Rete Ferroviaria Italiana is over 16,700km long, of which more than 1,400 km is dedicated to high-speed services. The FS Italiane Group aims to become a system company, serving passengers and commuters on high-speed trains, implementing its offering of integrated and sustainable mobility and logistics services through transport infrastructures that are in synergy with one another.
For more than 100 years, the FS Italiane Group has been participating in the progression of the country, taking care of mobility for young people, families and workers, in a society that is rapidly evolving and changing, that is accelerating, while trying to keep in touch through ever faster and more efficient systems.
Our core business has always been the safe, comfortable and efficient transport of millions of people. For this reason, our main strategic objective is to guarantee the best quality service in terms of national territorial coverage, punctuality, security and comfort, always putting our passengers at the heart of every decision-making process.
Every day we work to increase the number of high-speed Frecce services and improve the standards of local transport, fundamental to the lives of increasing numbers of people: 451 million passengers out of a total of 520 million choose to use our regional trains each year.
Carrying out transport works and services that are capable of creating lasting value for the community is mostly a result of investments in new trains that are more comfortable and better-performing.
- the client at the centre: rail passengers and, above all, commuters are our main focal points. Our aim is to continue to work intensively to achieve ever higher standards of safety, quality and efficiency in regional and local rail transport.
- integrated mobility: the collaboration between all of the operators in the transport sector certainly makes travel experiences more fluid and streamlined;
- digitalisation: is essential to meeting demand, in an increasingly more widespread and efficient manner, and to accompany passengers throughout their entire travel experiences, providing them with more assistance and more effective and timely information.
- sustainability: new, more comfortable and more technologically-advanced trains, modern stations that are increasingly integrated into the metropolitan fabric, and rail/road integration. The principles of ethics and sustainability are at the heart of our strategic decisions as we know that only the search for a balance between economic, social and environmental elements can lead to lasting development of the company and the country;
- intermodality: to grow in size, profitability and ability to collaborate with road transport, to build a balance in which each mode of transport can enhance its specific purpose.
- 10. Services (935)