WISE™ Solutions for Transportation Safety and SecurityInternational Electronic Machines Corporation (IEM Corporation) established in 1987 is a high-technology research, development and manufacturing firm located in the United States. IEM focuses on products and services for the railway industry including handheld measurement systems, automatic wayside wheel measurement and inspection systems (WISE™) and other machine-vision inspection technology systems.
IEM's suite of products include (but not limited to):
- Wheel Profile Measurement Systems
- Bearing/Train Infra-Red Inspection Systems
- Brake Disk/Pad Measurement Systems
- Flat Spot and Roundness Measurement Systems
- Tread Surface Defect Detection System by EMAT or Optical Technology
- Acoustic Bearing Monitoring System
- Truck/Bogie Performance Detector Systems
- Sliding/Dragging Wheel Detection Systems by MV and IR Technologies
- High-Wide and Shifted Load Detection
- Other systems and ancillary equipment such as: Carp Coupler Inspection; Truck Component Inspection/Monitoring; Train Imaging Systems; etc.
- In-Shop Ultrasonic Inspection Systems for wheels, axles and wheelsets
IEM has superior qualifications as demonstrated by our development, invention and implementation of ruggedized machine-vision systems and sensor products and technologies, as many of our competitors are simply 'system integrators' of various other products.
IEM's successful research and development projects have resulted in more patents and patents-pending in railway products, machine-vision and other technologies than any of our competitors.
IEM's core competencies lend themselves very well to the custom, specialized and R&D projects at hand. Our core competencies include:
- Imaging Systems
- Software Systems
- Acoustic Sensors
- NDE/NDT Sensing Technologies
- 3D Metrology
- Encoder Sensing Technologies
- Measurement Systems
- Embedded Systems
- Wireless sensors and energy harvesting technologies
- Ultra low power strain gages and accelerometers