The purpose of the job is to be responsible for specifying the architecture and interfaces (electrical, mechanical, environmental) between onboard railway signaling equipment (Urban and/or outline) and rolling stock on offers and signage projects.
The role is attached to the engineering department, for our Signaling business and reports to the business manager and functionally to the responsible ATC subsystem.
ATC (Automatic Train Control) is the railway signaling system for the protection and automatic train control.
Some of the main responsibilities are:
- Ensuring the responsible subsystem, defining the architecture of the solution to implement to ensure the protection and automatic control of the train.
- Write the specification of interfaces between the onboard signaling equipment and rolling stock:
- At the mechanical installation (volume, environmental conditions)
- Electrical characteristics and wiring constraints
- Ensure resource definition/signaling system interface with the rolling stock.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of the comprehensive list of equipment to be delivered and their configuration throughout the course of study,
- Manage the customer requirements. Translation requirements in sustainable industrial solutions (be proactive).
- Write the Procurement Technical specifications regarding specific products studied. Participate in the evaluation of suppliers through clauses in the terms and requirements analysis (matrices).
- Technical monitoring of the supplier of the consultation phase, to the installation of parts. Responsible for all technical documentation produced by the supplier.
- Ensure communication/participation with all teams related products studied (the engineering team, the project team, subcontractors, suppliers, etc ...)
- Provide technical assistance to various businesses/services involved to allow the mounting ability of components and sustaining the final quality.
- Control potential validation testing of the product studied.
- Attend meetings with client
- Attending, if necessary, improved methods & tools or R & D projects
Skills and Education
Essential: You are competent in hardware design and/or electrical/electronic engineering. You come with a demonstrated prior experience in the rail industry and are familiar with CBTC systems. You are experienced in the development of solutions depending on the model of the V cycle process (system engineering: preliminary/basic design, detail design). You are capable of reading electrical drawings (reading patterns, paper Electrical, rules, and standards) and can understand electro-mechanical interfaces.
Fluency in English is required for this role. Knowledge of French will be a plus.
Education: Training +5 or BAC + 3.
Desired: Knowledge of signaling standards (safety standards in particular) is a plus. You are proactive in your work, a good team player and have good written and oral communication skills (customer representation, interface with several internal or external partners). You are capable of synthesis, are empathetic and can carry out priority management. You can be resilient in a changing environment. Being rigorous, meticulous and organized are some of your key traits. You are willing to travel owing to work requirements.