Purpose of the Job
Within our Alstom Digital Mobility (ADM) activities, based in Saint-Ouen, Fluence team is developing the latest innovative Signalling System solution for Urban application. Already under deployment in Lille Metro, Fluence Solution is also expanding to new markets worldwide.
System team is at the crossroad between all development and project engineering activities. As such, System Engineers are in charge of the System Design and Architecture:
- Interface with project engineering teams to understand customer needs and propose safe, efficient, and optimized designs, as well as contribute to the solution deployment;
- Interface with subsystems, software and products/hardware development teams to coordinate the design proposal, and evaluate technical trade-offs and risks;
- Interface with Verification & Validation teams, Safety teams, Quality, Reliability Availability Maintenability teams in order to explain the technical solution, and adjust the design according to their analyses.
System Engineers report to the Fluence Program Engineering Manager
Detailed Responsabilities and Tasks
As a System Engineer, you will :
- Implement the system documents, including plans, specifications, deployment documentation and other technical documents
- Contribute to the definition and maintenance of the System Baselines, analyse and implement Change Requests
- Contribute to system configuration activities, to requirement management activities
- Ensure that the system technically fulfils the defined needs and enhancements
- Ensure technical consistency and alignment with other System & Product Design teamsthroughout the development, providing technical support to V&V, and support to Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety Analysis
- Manage design feedback from V&V team
- Minimize, by design, the System deployment cost, lead time and risk
- Prepare and participate to design reviews
- Ensure that the system follows standardization approach by reusing existing solutions or byimplementing reusable solutions, and by providing an efficient system deployment kit (tools, user documentation…).
Education and Skills
To fill this position, we are looking for the following profile:
- Mandatory education level : Masters Degree in Engineering, or equivalent College degree (specialization in a field related to Railway Transportation Systems is a plus);
- Experience level: Minimum 5 years of experience or more in similar activities (system design, project engineering, validation or safety assessment) in Transport sector, experience in Railway Signalling would be a plus;
- Strong problem solving skills: logical and analytical approach, with a creative mind, capable of synthesizing issues and making reasoned decisions, as well as leading technical topics autonomously;
- Strong communication and collaboration skills: team player, open and motivated by multicultural environments;
- Speaking and writing English fluently is mandatory, good knowledge of French is required.