Train of EMU Failures Detection System (TEDS)
No. 2 Wei Fang Road, Ha Ping Road concentrated area, Harbin economic and Trade Zone
- InnoTrans 2018
- Halle 6.2 311a
- Railway Technology
- Train of EMU Failures Detection System (TEDS) is the system which makes use of railway side cameras to collect the images of the visible parts, such as EMU train's bottom, side skirt plate, connection equipment, bogie, etc.; makes use of the technologies, such as linear array image collection, 3D imaging, image identification, etc. to conduct contrastive analysis to find the fault and alarm, to achieve the monitoring of the EMU train's bottom and side visible parts. The system composition includes detection station equipment, EMU depot (vehicle depot) monitoring center equipment, Railway Bureau monitoring center equipment, Railway Head Office query center equipment and network transmission equipment, etc.
- In 2013, we successfully developed the TEDS system which completely based on linear scanning, this system makes use of linear scanning technology to collect the images of the visible parts, such as EMU train's bottom, side skirt plate, connection equipment, bogie, etc., this system passed the technical evaluation of Jinan Railway Bureau in 2013. In the same year, this system is comprehensively used in Harbin-Dalian High-speed Railway. In the equipment type summary work organized by Railway Head Office in 2014, our linear scanning part is used as the technical standard. In 2015, the Company developed TEDS-3D system based on TEDS system. TEDS-3D system combines 3D camera with 2D line-scan digital camera and makes use of 3D detection of structured light and automatic identification technology to achieve the 3D and 2D imaging of EMU train's visible parts, the obtainment of 3D coordinate information, automatic fault identification and alarm. This system passed the technical evaluation of Harbin Railway Bureau.
- Linear scanning technology is more beneficial to image automatic identification, it uses wide angle camera to photograph each direction seamlessly, which facilitates to determine the position of the fault, it has strong sunshine interference resistance, it only images the moving object, the static objects will not be photographed, so that there's no background interference.
- It makes use of 3D and 2D image information in the collection and detection scope, and the information of 3D coordinate, then it combines model comparison with feature identification technology by multi-angle 3D machine vision modeling technology to eliminate the interference of non-fault factors, such as dust, water damage, scratch, chalk mark, stain and depainting, etc. to obviously reduce the number of false alarm and improve the accuracy of fault identification.
- When the key part is covered by ice, snow or other objects, it can conduct detection and identification in multi-angles, and it is able to conducted ice and snow thickness measurement.
- Framing in narrow slit and sand, dust, rain and snow resistance are good.
- The compensation light is invisible, it will not affect train travelling.
- Integration and modular design, it is easy to install and maintain.
- Use double light source compensation technology, which can effectively eliminate the shadow of the pictures to improve the quality.