Your message has been sent successfully.Send another message.
POWER | PROTECT | CONNECTBel Power Solutions is one of the largest power supply manufacturers in the world and has a long history of providing leading edge, innovative power solutions.
Bel Power Solutions in the Railway Industry
Bel Power Solutions provides just about all of the leading manufacturers in the railway and transportation industry worldwide with high performance, rugged DC/DC and AC/ DC MELCHER™ brand converters. With 50 years of design and manufacturing experience MELCHER products are designed to meet the highest national and international standards for harsh environments, safety and EMC/EMI and undergo rigorous and extensive EVT/DVT and HALT/HASS test. Our strict engineering guidelines ensure low component stress, thermal profiling and high phase margins for stability and dynamic response – all part of our highly reliable converter designs.
Melcher AC-DC & DC-DC products
There are literally hundreds of thousands of Bel Power’s MELCHER products installed around the globe whether on rolling stock or trackside. Our MELCHER cassette DC-DC and AC-DC power converters designed for railway applications have successfully passed all tests and requirements according to the material fire safety of DC-DC and AC-DC converters according to EN 45545-1, EN 45545-2 for hazard levels HL1 to HL3. The fire safety tests have been conducted at a certified lab.
Products Features & Benefits
• Compliance with International and National standards (EN, UL, AREMA, RIA, NFF) in particular, EN 50155, EN 50121-3-2
• Ultra-wide DC input voltage, up to 10:1 ratio, suitable for all common battery input voltages worldwide
• Universal AC input
• Extremely high efficiencies
• Fully featured, full fault protection: Transient, over/ undervoltage, over-current, over-temperature
• Output voltages up to 96V with wide trim range
• Series and parallel or fully redundant configurations
• On/off control, current share and other options
• Extended ambient operating temperature to -40°C or lower on request
• Convection and conduction cooling with no derating up to 85°C
• All PC boards dip-varnished for high mechanical durability and humidity withstand, without use of potting material
• Shock and vibration resistance
• Basic or reinforced insulation, test voltages up to 3k VAC
• Multi-platform approach for highest flexibility
• All products are fully RoHS compliant
Social Media Links
- 3. Subassemblies and components (3312)
- 6. Infrastructure / Railway Construction (2279)