Avantages of the Pole Base Adapter concerning Mounting and Assenbly.
- Low impact on superstructures and earth constructions – no damage to multi-layer structure of sand layer, frost protection layer, ballast, etc., because no lining is required. Furthermore, no additional services are required (e.g. no tamping work needed to restore the tracks, etc.).
- The amount of time needed to insert the drive pipe and to assemble the Pole Base Adapter on site is approx. 2 hrs. including mounting the signal. As a result, there is a potential to reduce the cost of protective measures and construction supervision.
- hile the drive pipes can be inserted during short shutdown periods, the Pole Base Adapter itself can be mounted manually outside of the shutdown periods. This allows optimal use of even short shutdown periods.
- Immediate availability of signal location.
- Proven stability for all rail track classes.
- Potential synergetic effects by combining performance – for example by setting up signals (connected work).
- The overall cost assessment shows a clear cost advantage of the BBL System Pole Base Adapter. This is confirmed by a cost analysis of purchases by Deutsche Bahn AG.