In the frame of U400 Program, the Baseline Leader is in charge to manage QCD (Quality Cost Deadline) for the delivery of Baselines to Projects deploying U400 CBTC Solution.
This role will directly report to the System Engineering Manager.
The Baseline Leader/ Program Engineer will be responsible to:
Manage the scope of the baseline:
- Define the scope of the baseline in accordance with project teams using the baseline:
- Specific project needs
- Generic developments coming from R&D
- Feedback coming from other baselines
- Improvement requested by safety team (continuous enhancement/robustness)
- Validate the technical design choices (with peers if needed)
- Based on the scope of the baseline, ensure that all the new developments are validated and that all requirements are covered
- Ensure that the restriction of the baseline are limited and acceptable by project team
- From each scope variation, define and monitor the associated cost variation. Report to System Engineering Manager (SEM) and Program Manager (PM).
- Manage the workpackage of the baseline. Ensure periodic workpackage review with SEM and PM
- Construct the baseline planning which includes development and validation activities for each subsystem (ATC, CBI, …) and transversal activities (verification, safety)
- Monitor regularly planning progress and/or slippage. Report to SEM and PM
- Collect project needs:
- GAPs to be included
- Feedback on the current version
- Ensure regular reporting to project concerning:
- The progress on development and/or the difficulties
- The restriction of utilization concerning each version (if any)
- The planning of the version to ensure good synchronization
- The cost impact of the new development
- Validate with project team the design of the baseline (example: common GAP development review)
SKILLS & EDUCATION :
Desirable: Knowledge of Signalling System will be an asset for this role. You should have strong leadership skills.
Essential: You should have minimum 5 years experience in system design for industry required. You should have the ability to write system specifications, define the system architecture, define the interface in the complex system. You should have a strong analytical approach to technical problems and should be very strong in communication. Should have synthesis capacity, strong QCD management.
You should be fluent in English.
Fluency in French is a plus.