Under the responsibility of the Site RAMS manager (Engineering team), the RAMS Engineer ensures the bogie homologation and the upstream ILS(Integrated Logistic Support) phase. Your participation will begin very early in the project, from the tender phase till the prototype validation.
The role will perform RAMS and ILS analyses and produce related deliverables in accordance with QCD commitment on the project/program and also apply the applicable AT Engineering/RAMS processes & instructions.
Hierarchically as well as functionally, the role will report to Site RAMS Manager and will network with Design team, Validation team, Project Engineering Team, RAM Engineers (integrating and participating units), ILS/LCC Engineer and external suppliers.
Responsibilities include some of the following :
On the RAMS part:
- To contribute to the assessment of the Reliability performance (predictive or measure) of the product and to the identification of the necessary reliability actions to secure the achievement of the Reliability targets.
- To perform the RAMS analyses he/she is in charge of, as per the applicable RAMS instructions/processes and other specific requirements committed to the Customer.
- To deliver RAMS analyses compliant with QCD work packages commitments.
- To address Customer (internal or external) comments to get its approval on the RAM deliverables within the limits of Alstom Transport commitments.
- To apply the Alstom Transport/Engineering rules & processes to his / her activities in particular those dedicated to RAM activities.
- To have a pro-active challenging view on the RAMS data / results he / she handles to enhance the adequacy/consistency of the RAMS studies and requirements.
- To seek for the technical understanding of the AT products in order to better assess their reliability performance and potential areas of improvement.
- To adopt a product oriented mindset in performing his/her studies to foster the capitalisation of the results of the studies towards the product RAMS performance.
- Define the preventive maintenance plan
- Analyse the bogie maitainability
- Calculate the Life Cycle Cost (LCC)
Skills and Education:
Essential: University degree in Mechanical Engineering is required for this role. You have worked on RAM prediction and the measurement methods and tools. You come with good communications and interpersonal skills, time management skills, sense of priorities and have a structured and organised with hands-on approach. You are fluent in English. Knowledge of German will be a plus.