Specialist for automation in rail vehiclesSelectron offers TCMS (Train Control and Monitoring Systems) system solutions and components for automation in rail vehicles. We specialize in control, network, safety & security and communication technology. One main thrust of our activities is toward systems, components and applications based on current safety standards.
Our range of services includes user-programmable controllers as vehicle control units or subsystem controllers, wheel slip and slide protection, driver's cab displays, remote I/Os, wireless technologies, network gateways and communication networks. We rely on network standards such as Ethernet TRDP, PROFINET, CAN, CANopen, WTB/MVB for rail vehicle control technology (TCMS). Our services include conceptual planning, system integration, consulting, project analysis, cost analysis, technical specifications, project management, product development, application programming, commissioning, documentation and training. Our customers include rail vehicle manufacturers, vehicle operators and subsystem suppliers. Comprehensive and consistently qualified software tools offer the simplest handling over the entire vehicle life cycle.
As a system provider, we maintain close contact with customers. Partnership is a top priority. For example, our key customers have a direct influence on our R&D roadmap. Selectron products are known for their durability, flexibility, open interfaces and efficiency. Our engineering team analyzes the wishes and requirements of our customers objectively and comprehensively.
Selectron customers benefit from our many years of experience. The first business transactions in the field of rail vehicle automation were carried out as far back as 1982.
Who is Selectron Systems AG?
Selectron is a Swiss company and has been a member of the Knorr-Bremse Group since 2015. We are IRIS02 and TÜV-certified and we offer:
- Over 60 years of experience in electronics development and programming
- More than 150 employees, of whom approx. 80% are engineers and technicians
- TCMS solutions according to the latest international standards
- Focus on safe electronic modules (safety & security)
- Optimized systems according to established safety standards. These simplify vehicle registration and maintenance
- 20% of sales are ploughed back into research and development
- Efficient, collaborative support for our customers in a spirit of partnership
- Independent of machine manufacturers and system integrators
- International workforce that enables worldwide communication
- A 100% focus on the rail vehicle market
As specialists, we make our expertise available worldwide.
- Certified quality management since 1994
- Our focus is relentlessly on RAMS (Reliability, Availability Maintainability, Safety).
- ISO 9001 since 1994
- Certified development processes according to EN 61508 SIL 3, EN 50129 SAS2,
EN 50128 SSAS2 since 2007
- IRIS Rev. 02 since 2012
Where are Selectron products used?
Modules and services are used with great success on a wide variety of vehicle types in new rail vehicles and in modernization projects.
Some sample application:
We supply automation components for
- Vehicle control units
- Anti-spin and wheel slide protection
- Traction control
- Service brake
- Fault logging
- Vehicle diagnostics
- Data storage
- Heating, air conditioning, ventilation
- Sanitary areas
- Cruise control
- Wireless communication
- Vehicle bus networks
- Train bus networks
- Light control
- Door controls
For further information about us and our products, please visit our website
3. Subassemblies and components
- 3.2 Energy / Electrotechnology (1269)
- 4. Service for vehicles (1197)
- 5. Interiors (967)
- 8. Transport IT - Transport management / Data processing / Information / Communication (1003)
- 3. Subassemblies and components (3290)