As a Signaling Systems Architect, your mission will be to develop the signaling system architecture by defining and allocating requirements, evaluating design trade-offs, balancing technical risk, defining and assessing interfaces, keeping close coordination with verification and validation activities and with project deployment activities, in line with the System / Subsystem Schedule.
Your specific responsibilities will be to:
- Develop the system documents, including plans, specifications and other technical documents.
- Apply the system engineering processes
- Ensure that the system technically fulfils the defined needs and enhancements (change requests) and that proper system engineering approach is followed
- Ensure technical consistency and alignment with the other Project Engineering teams throughout the development, providing technical support to V&V, and support to Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety Analysis. - Interact with other System Engineers and with other Métier engineers to that ensure the design fits with the intended architecture
- Develop typical applications of the system for Generic System Validation purposes and manage design feedback from verification and validation team
- Minimize, by design, the System deployment cost, lead time and risks
- Contribute to the definition and maintenance of the System Baselines, analyse and implement Change Requests
- Prepare and participate in Design Reviews
- Contribute to system configuration activities, to requirement management activities
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college and/or 5-7 years of Signal Engineering design or Signal System commissioning experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a systems design, product design, or system commissioning role in the rail/transit signaling domain.
Desired knowledge / Experience:
- Professional Engineering License preferred
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Training or equivalent, preferred
A full proficient use of English is mandatory.
- Ability to achieve results in a matrix environment
- Ability to understand and implement customer and industry standards
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, global environment
- Ability to engage and build positive relationships with both customers and internal and external employees
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Position located in Jacksonville, FL.