As a Software Designer, you will deliver software modules by ensuring detailed design and implementation of those modules.
You will interface with Software Architect, Software designers and V&V designers and support program towards QCD commitments.
Your specific responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to the elaboration of Software specification & architecture, in collaboration with the Software architect
- Perform development of Software modules:
- Perform the Software modules detailed design & coding
- Set up the Software development tool chain
- Prepare and perform Software module tests and verifications of his / her deliverables
(“Designer” tests), prior to the ones formally performed by a dedicated V&V team
(depending on Safety Integrity Level and associated Product development organization)
- Put the Software work product under configuration management according to product
Configuration Management Plan
- Support the Software / Software and Hardware. / Sw. integration, together with the Hardware designer
Sustain of the Software
- Keep informed of the evolution of technologies through techno watch
- Contribute to TIS standardization by reusing existing solutions or by implementing reusable
- Keep a strong link with the Software architect, Hardware. designer, RAMS and V&V departments, through the
whole Software design cycle
- Apply processes and standards
- Contribute to continuous improvement (RoE: Return on Experience, process …)
- Bachelor/Post Graduate in Engineering – IT, CS, ECE & EEE or Equivalent.
- 6 ~8 years of experience in design of Software modules in complex embedded systems.
- The ideal candidate should have good experience in Embedded/RTOS applications and good application to software process and coding guidelines.
- The ideal applicant will able to thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process spread across different geographical locations.
- Significant experience in delivery of design, analysis, development, testing and delivery.
- Rail industry background is highly desirable, alternatively similar industries can also be considered.
- Language Skills:
- Programming: C, C++, ADA, Scripting languages (Python,..)
- Any Real time embedded OS , Multi core / Multi-Threading
- Model based design
- Protocols – TCP/IP, CAN..
A full proficient use of English is mandatory
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and able to guide, influence and convince others in a matrix organization
- Outstanding Technical leader with proven track record in managing multi software programs towards successful delivery.
- Be Innovative and demonstrate to peers and implement in creation of Reference Libraries, reusable codes, and model based developments
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and able to guide, influence and convince others in a matrix organization.
- Team Player with prior experience in working with European customer is not mandatory but preferable