Purpose of the job:
With the transition of the site there’s a need to further increase the performance of the supply chain and make it even more reliable. Service digitalization will transform current planned maintenance and reactive corrective maintenance towards condition based maintenance, requiring an agile management of our suppliers processes and our inventory. Besides, our product portfolio will shift from electrical parts towards full fleet service. We will have a high dependency on our inventory levels and performance of our key suppliers and Alstom participating units. The Supply Chain Manager will have a key role to meet these challenges together with various team members in our supply chain process.
The scope of responsibility of the supply chain for Parts, Repairs & Projects, includes following transversal activities over multiple functions within the Operations department :
- Material Planning: Manage the full set of processes from demand planning to inventory level management to ensure material availability for customer, our production or installation teams while mastering inventory value. Tactical planning of assortments in Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Procurement: implement and run end to end processes from quotation and order placement at supplier upto their delivery and warranty claims. Ensure on time delivery in full (OTIF). Push for actions plans in collaboration with Sourcing and Supplier Quality Assurance.
- Warehousing & Logistics: goods reception, warehousing, picking, line replenishment, transport documentation, packing, shipping. Inventory conditions and cycle counting. Coordinate logistic requirements for specific projects, delivery of material and finished goods, facilitate customer returns and repairs.
- Supply Chain Management: Manage the performance of the supply chain activities and use of the ERP system. Detect and act upon delay from order intake upto delivery. Evaluate KPI, root causes and set actions in a monthly plan-do-check-act cycle (PDCA).
- Manage the supply chain activities, monitor and improve the delivery performance of the supply chain. Drive for operational excellence in the supply chain.
- Furter develop the new site Supply Chain organization capable to meet business targets.
- Apply the PDCA-cycle, report KPI, identify root causes, implement actions.
- Have Supply Chain performance meetings in Alstom and at customers.
- Improve Supply Chain costs competitiveness.
- Feed Material Planning and material SAP data.
- Drive and optimize Procurement process.
- Drive and optimize Logistic flows on site.
- Ensure competence development in supply chain activities.
- Put in place a Lean approach in supply chain activities.
- The Supply Chain Manager is hierarchical reporting to the Manager Operations.
- The Supply Chain Manager is functionaly managing procurement members (2-5) and Supply Chain officer(s) (1-2).
Desired Knowledge / Experience:
- At least 5 years experience in a Supply Chain and industrial production environment.
- A bachelor degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- SAP, Microsoft office.
- Be able to work in a highly paced environment.
- Good communication skills, able to adapt to all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivating and energetic, leadership.
- Reliable, Agile and accurate.
- Customer focussed.
- Data driven and courageous, rigor.
- Capacity to go deep into selected matters and deliver solutions.
- Capacity to manage priorities and tight deadlines.
- Team spirit.